What's the Big Idea?

Our intention is to provide a facility specific to Mexican literature, Hispanic publications, historical movies, and other artifacts for educational research enrichment.
Desired location within Stockton, the previous Fair Oaks Branch Library building which was closed in 2010.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Do you dream in Spanish?

When my mother told me she sometimes dreams in Spanish, I was jealous! Why I have never dreamt in Spanish?! I was reminded of her when I came across “Trilingual poems” video by ¡Colorín Colorado! with Francisco Alarcón, bilingual poet and author.

Youtube Video by ¡Colorín Colorado! For more information: http://www.colorincolorado.org/

Francisco Alarcón explains when writing "Snake Eyes", a unique collection of trilingual (Spanish, English, Nahuatl) poems, he found using these different languages allowed for better representation and expression.

How wonderful to go back and forth with various languages; in a dream or in thought!

No comments :

Post a Comment